Sunday, November 15, 2015

10 Beautiful Rooms

Another Monday another series of 10 Beautiful Rooms. I'm quite pleased with this collection I have to say. The room above isn't overly styled but it looks like a great room for just being in. It's for sale via Domus Nova which is probably why it looks so natural. Also one of my favourite colour combinations is olive green and blush pink and when you combine it with that huge Berber rug it looks fantastic.

We're coming back to this fabulous loft again. Partly for those of you who missed it on Friday (when I put some different images) and partly because it has since been pointed out to me that it's the home of Ilse Crawford, who is my design hero. This also explains why it's such an effortlessly fabulous space.

She has created just the right mix of moody greys, lifted with lots of different textiles, an old mirror, a splash of plant and, of course all those books. Talking of plants, I also love this room below although it's clearly not in rainy old Blighty. I really must get round to spending some money on plants. Instead of shoes, for example…Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just have to work a bit harder.

PHOTOGRAPHY: FABRIZIO CICCONI/LIVING INSIDE STYLING: FRANCESCA DAVOLI via elledecoratio.co.uk

PHOTOGRAPHY: FABRIZIO CICCONI/LIVING INSIDE STYLING: FRANCESCA DAVOLI via elledecoration.co.uk

Never one to pass on an internal window, this image caught my eye for the wonderful shadows cast by the light as well as the monochrome decor. But the soft Berber rug (they really are everywhere at the moment) and plain wooden tables keeps the whole thing warm and inviting rather than cold and stark.

I do love a bathroom that doesn't look like a bathroom. By which I mean it's a room that happens to have a bath in it. I know it's not really possible in 9.9/10 houses because there just isn't the space. We managed it a little but we got rid of a bedroom to do it and it's not as good as this one by any means.

This caught my eye for the half panelled wall. I mentioned last week that we are thinking of getting a concrete worktop on the island. We have to replace the hob, which will mean replacing the worktop as it (the hob) is an odd size so we have almost decided to change the stainless steel for concrete. I was thinking of marble until I actually worked out how much it was going to cost. It will be concrete. Mind you, I haven't, as yet, ad the quote for that either…

Anyway, the point is that once the worktop has been done, I think we will finally go dark on the cupboards underneath.

So this is the kind of idea we are thinking of. Perhaps slightly lighter cupboards and tan leather handles. I do love the idea of a thick slab of concrete even if it is less practical than steel. We will still have stainless steel around the sink and on that part of the worktop so we can just make sure we cut lemons and spill red wine on that bit. Because that's not a plan that will go wrong at all…

Finally the last two images this week are from Elle Decoration, Sweden and show the conversion of a former goldsmith's shop into a house.

Look at that thick slab of concrete and the black and white patterned tiles. I just adore this bathroom. But the placement of that raffia basket and the glimpse of wood behind it isn't accidental. Again it just softens the space as do the vintage style glass bottles on the top.

Finally, from the same house, this kitchen. And there's the concrete worktop in the perfect shade of grey. And I practically have those stools too. Now I'm wondering if I should tongue and groove the ceiling…

Right that's enough fantasy decorating for one day. Do let me know what you think of these rooms in the comments below. It's always good to hear from you.

 

 

The post 10 Beautiful Rooms appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1lqS5eh

No comments:

Post a Comment