Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Lightbulb Moment

Now as I may have mentioned (once or twice) I'm not usually one for writing on things. All that epigram/motif/inspirational wotsit on every tea towel, mug and poster in the land. But, BUT, firstly I reserve the right to break my own rules as soon as I make them and secondly, this appealed to me on two levels. Well, probably three actually.

I like that it's not telling me to sodding keep calm. I like that it's a perfect marriage of saying and object – there's no need for a tea towel to tell me to calm down, but writing about ideas on a lightbulb is clever – and lastly, I like the industrial design.

It was made by Grey Moose Designs for Brown Vinegar and Paper, and as you can see from the image below there are a few different options;  choose either a black bulb holder or grey and different coloured flexes. Some of the flexes have sold out but it was done on a trial basis and as it has been successful, the new colours should return to stock sooner than initially thought.

It costs £99.95 for the lamp with the base or £39.95 for the bulb on its own and you can buy it from Vinegar and Brown Paper. I think I might need one in the loft, what do you think?

While I was in the mood to break rules, I browsed through a few of their other designs and they would make awfully good presents… if you know, you had any to buy for any reason at all….

The post A Lightbulb Moment appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1XeerR4

No comments:

Post a Comment