Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Personalised Maps

A good map is a good thing and I have found some good ones. You may have seen some of these on other interiors blogs (some of which I have linked to here) and with good reason. The strong black and white graphics look great in most interiors, particularly when arranged with a few plants as seems to be the theme in the images I have chosen here.

These maps are from a new company called Mapiful, which allows you to type in the co-ordinates, or the name, of the place you want mapped and the words of your choice and it arrives in the post a few days later.

Now these maps are all of cities, which is why I like them. The simple nature of lines means that they work better when the map is denser. So, I love Paris and Los Angeles because they work well from a distance.

Now, Mapiful got in touch with me a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to create a map. And I decided to do one of the tiny village we go to in Italy every year and I didn’t think it quite worked because there was an awful lot of white space. I did another one of London, but centred on the part I live in and that was better. Then I saw the city ones and decided that is the way to go.

So now I’m thinking I’d like to create a wall of cities that I have visited. It would make a great personalised wallpaper wouldn’t it? It’s the kind of thing you could do in a bathroom if you glued them all on and then varnished over the top. It would be good in a study too only I can’t do my loft as the walls are mainly exposed brick so it would be a shame to cover them up. I could start with Paris, Berlin, Reykjavik and New York…

Anyway, here is my London map. I like it more now it’s taped up on the wall, what do you think?

london map

 

 

 

The post Personalised Maps appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1lu4JZR

No comments:

Post a Comment