Friday, October 30, 2015

The Househunter 30/10/15

So first of all a huge thank you to everyone who voted to get the Mad House onto the shortlist for the Amara Blog awards. We won! It was, as I believe the saying goes a “glittering star-studded ceremony” at The Ham Yard Hotel, in London, and I drank far too much champagne and didn’t eat quite enough canapes and spent the taxi home wittering inanely to the taxi driver about how happy I was. As you do.

Anyway, enough about me…. well for now anyway. Wanna see a house? Here’s one to get you thinking. An all-white house. Would you? Could you? Should you?

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 09.36.45

This three bedroom flat in west London was designed by Claire Lloyd, formerly of Australian Vogue, and is on the market with Domus Nova for £3,500,000. I have to admit I love the idea of it but I’m not sure I would actually do it.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 09.37.02

Having said that my house has white floorboards – which I absolutely love and would do again – and started off with all white walls. And yes, I do have lots of pink accents but I’m not sure I could ever go the whole way and do the white furniture thing.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 09.37.14

Added to which I have been gradually adding more and more grey as the time goes by and I find I really love that too. If this were my house, I might be tempted to start off like this but I would definitely want a few rugs. And, perhaps, instead of the pink I would add lots of tall green plants.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 09.37.47

I do love the zen-like calm of the bedroom though. Now, in an ideal world I would show you a house for sale that is all dark but I haven’t been able to find one in time so, instead, here are two shots of my sitting room. One, as we first painted it, in white, and one, as it is now, dark grey. Which do you prefer?

madaboutthehouse white sitting room

Or the dark one? In the bottom one the sofa has changed but otherwise all the furniture remains the same.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 09.54.56

 

The post The Househunter 30/10/15 appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1MlPCYe

No comments:

Post a Comment