Sunday, October 18, 2015

10 Beautiful Rooms

 

Nothing like a splash of teal to get that Monday off to a good start and on a half-painted wall to boot. What more could you possibly want? This vibrant blue works beautifully with the cabinet and the white floorboards. Try Little Greene Sky Blue for a similar shade. My son has it on his bedroom walls and ceiling and it's intense but lovely. You could also try Farrow & Ball St Giles blue.

The other thing is that you could change the blue to another colour and it would competely alter and freshen up the space. So, while it looks like a dramatic thing to do it's easy to swap for another equally strong colour or something more monochrome.

Speaking of monochrome, as I so often am, I was drawn to this kitchen by the black accents. I'm not sure I have ever seen a black cooker hood and, of course, now I want one. But mainly I want a glass cabinet like this one.

entrancemakleri.se

entrancemakleri.se

This kitchen has been transformed by the two tan leather chairs at either end of the table which warm up the stark black and white of the room and bring some warmth and new texture to the space. A few more plants would be even better. I must get round to finding some for my kitchen.

via stylefiles.com

via stylefiles.com

Next it's a concrete bathroom. This speaks for itself. Slate floors, concrete walls and a huge free-standing tub. This room needs that wooden bench or it would be too hotel-like. The black picture frame was the perfect choice and really makes the image stand out in this room. It's the touch of black that makes it. That rule always works. And, on the day it doesn't, that'll be the exception that proves it.

Found on networkedblogs.com

Found on networkedblogs.com

I've included this because I just love these chairs. The rest of the room is pretty good but if anyone ever finds these chairs in a shop then let me know because I MUST HAVE THEM. They probably cost more than my car but they are just heavenly.

This time the concrete floor has been softened with a large faded and vintage rug – also in concrete colours but the whole thing bounces off the wooden ceiling. Grey is a bit of a sucker for other colours. It's like that friend who copies everything you do. Grey likes to soak up a little bit of all the other colours around it so that if you surround it with more grey, black and white it can become cold – especially in a north-facing room. The key is to give it something warm to bounce off and that way the space becomes interesting and warm not cold and stark. It's, obviously, less of an issue in a south-facing room with warm light, but in the north on a cold November day you need to give grey a helping hand.

Next up my new discovery; interiors by Katty Schiebeck, a self-styled interiorist and real estate agent based in Barcelona. I can't get enough of this monumental marble island. It's just extraordinary. If you like the light try the Halo range from Roll and Hill, it's similar. Actually if it were my kitchen I might change the cupboards. I think dark grey or soft black would really give the marble something to stand out against but perhaps darker stools would do the job.

Katty was also responsible for this wonderful courtyard which she wanted to incorporate as part of the house. It's gorgeous isn't it. And, I imagine, in Barcelona you would have a lot more warm days to make use of it although, even in the UK it would be pretty nice to be able to see it from a warm and cosy room inside.

Lastly. I thought you should see this kitchen. I can't imagine what kind of brain comes up with that idea. I only wish it was mine – the brain and the kitchen since you ask. It's just fabulous isn't it? I also love this one below and this week I am going to help a client zone the areas of her loft. I wonder if she fancies defining it like this…

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 15.28.46

I'll let you know! Have a lovely day everyone. I hope you liked these 10 Beautiful Rooms.

The post 10 Beautiful Rooms appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1Xe4H65

No comments:

Post a Comment