Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Top Ten Interior Design Tips #10

IT'S ALL IN THE DETAIL

Mad about the house, North London

This grey rug is actually a large piece of carpet with pink edging to match the fireplace, image by James Balston

Last, but by no means least in my list of Top Ten Interior Design Tips, is this: pay attention to the details. Some of these can be money-saving devices and others are just tiny ways that other people might not even notice but you will and it will make your home feel and look better.

For example; I have changed all the plastic cords on my pendant lights to fabric. It costs less than a fiver a metre and it makes a real difference. There are dozens of colours available so you can make a statement with bright pink or red( I have done both of those) or keep it simple with black. I have done that too. It's even cheaper if you know how to wire it yourself, which I (sadly) don't but I think I might make it one of my New Year resolutions, seeing as we seem to have arrived at that time of the year.

Another idea is to create a giant rug. Rugs can be expensive but in my spare room I bought a remnant of grey carpet and had the edges bound in a contrasting bright pink colour, which goes with the fireplace. It was so much cheaper than buying a rug would have been and it would be relatively easy to change the colour if I changed the decor of the room.

It's little details like that that will make your home seem well thought out and considered and that, my friends, is what we are aiming for. Think creatively, you might be amazed at what you come up with.

The post My Top Ten Interior Design Tips #10 appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1JIGeO1

No comments:

Post a Comment