Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Househunter 1/7/16

Well, well, well, I don't know about you but I seem to have snapped right out of the five stages of grief (somewhere around no 4) in favour of slightly maniacal laughter. If ever the feeling that we just have to carry on (not buying the calm bit, sorry) then the last few days have shown that. I think laughter hysteria is currently all we have and at least it burns calories.

20160616-DSC_0081-2-WEB-1-950x634
So it's a new month, time to start again and I think I now feel ready to carry on and let everyone sort themselves out around me. I have signed things and joined things and rallied around things and now I need to get on with my own life. And, perhaps, helping you plan the interiors of yours. It's not that I don't care, more than I can't keep up. And as the situation is moving so rapidly, it feels sensible to carry on strolling along at my own pace as at least three fights will probably have happened and broken up by the time I get there and it's not as if there won't be a fourth waiting to start.

20160616-DSC_9939-WEB-1-950x634

I know that none of us have any idea where "there" is at the moment either which is all the more reason to, as Voltaire would say "cultivate our own garden". I remember that quote from my French A level and so I just looked up and I found this:

kitchen diner reception room

"The enlightened playwright and social critic Voltaire (1694-1778) concluded his satirical tale Candide (1759) with the observation that the violence and plunder of kings could not compare with the productive and peaceful life of those who minded their own business, "cultivated their own garden," and traded the surpluses with their neighbours".

herringbone worktop

Seems like a good plan if you ask me. Anyway, in order to tend gardens, we must have houses. So here is one in London for you. It's an art deco apartment that is on the market with The Modern House in Crystal Palace for £595,000.

open plan kitchen via the modern house

The headlines have changed about seven times since I started writing this (and I'm a fast writer) I think we'll leave it here and perhaps something approaching normal service will have resumed next week…. Stay calm guys and don't drink all the Gin.

The post The Househunter 1/7/16 appeared first on Mad About The House.



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/299JzQr

No comments:

Post a Comment