Tuesday, March 22, 2016

New In: French Connection Home

8X1DJ_4

It is a little known fact that red is actually a brilliant neutral. Fashiony people are often singing the praises of the red handbag on the basis that it will actually go with a lot more than you think. An all black outfit is given a little bit of zing with a red bag or red shoes. Even, at its very basic a slick of red lipstick can work wonders. I am so convinced by this that the other day I nearly did buy a red bag. I bottled it at the last minute as I was wearing an olive green top and panicked I would look like a Christmas tree so I went for burgundy instead, but I definitely left a little bit of my heart behind with the red bag in the shop.

8X1DN_5

Imagine my joy then when I saw this red leather dining chair and matching bar stool from the new French Connection Home collection. I have said before that I think FC have a really strong team in the homewares department and I am really really ( I mean REALLY) tempted to buy a red bar stool to sit next to my black kitchen cupboards. Or even a red chair. The other one is navy not black although as my cupboards are painted Railings, which can look navy in some lights that might even go as well.

8X1DS_5

Don't run away from the red as an accent people. In small doses it can look amazing.

There was a small fracas in The Mad House at the weekend over this chair above. I really want a new, small leather chair for the library. Himself does not agree. I want the chair above. He wants a pair of the chair below. He really likes the one below. I really like the one above. We're not not speaking but we are currently not speaking of chairs.

8X1DV_5

Mind you I didn't show him this next chair, which I also like. Perhaps we shall spend ALL our money on chairs. One small leather and two of these as compromise. I'm not even sure why I typed that. It ain't gonna happen.

Chairs though. I love chairs. And they're expensive because they're hard to make. I haven't even shown him the one I really like from Anthropologie. Mies van der Rohe (him wot made the Barcelona) said that it's almost easier to build a skyscraper than a chair. And he should know.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 14.13.00

Funnily enough I sat in a Barcelona chair for the first time the other week. Now it's a piece I have always admired for its shape and design but I have always thought it looks so uncomfortable that I can't imagine why anyone would want one.

Then I sat in one. Oh. My (to coin a phrase) God. So comfortable. Now I get it. Now I want one. Mind you for the price of one of those I could probably have about 12 of these French connection chairs.

And I only want three. Bargain. Now where's my credit card.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 14.12.46

What do you think of these chairs? Would you be tempted by red leather?



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1SeEOAV

No comments:

Post a Comment