Monday, March 21, 2016

10 Beautiful Rooms

Starting of this week with one of the best bathrooms I think I may have ever seen.

I saw this image on instagram and spent some time tracking down the man behind the bathroom. Eventually I found this interview with him on the Rockett st George Site. As well as his delicious blog he also runs the Shoot Factory.

Now, for those of you whose first thought (as mine was) was: isn't that chandelier dodgy on about 47 different levels, which, if you have been paying attention and reading past posts such as How to Get The Lighting Right, you will know all about, I have studied this image. The light actually plugs in across the room and is hung on the rolling clothes hanger, which means you can push it out of the way.

http://ift.tt/1ZiLd0B farrow&ball off black painted walls 8

the reception at 47parkavenue

I really need my bathroom to look like that. And as for the sitting room, who doesn't desire a pink sofa on looking at that. I mean I already have a pink sofa/chaise longue but I want this one now.

And to round off our little homage is a room from The Shoot Factory, a locations agency, which I also love. I can't imagine have a hall that large or a doorway that wide, at least not unless I demolished the wall between the hall and the sitting room and replaced it with a set of glass doors. Don't tempt me…

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 17.37.53

Above is a brilliant example of throwing something a little unexpected into the mix. This bedroom is a model of subtle good taste until you see the leopard print chaise at the bottom of the bed. I love it. It's one of the rooms at Iscoyd Park,  which has just been refurbished by Suzy Hoodless.  It's one of the country's leading wedding venues by the way so if, you know ,you're planning anything then take a look. It's in Shropshire by the way.

A change of pace now with images of this gorgeous house in Australia, which you can actually stay in thanks to the wonders of Airbnb. I would be sorely tempted if I were heading in that direction at any point, I must say.

Haveli-House-L.-Roche-Villastyling-22-LR

styling and photography by Louise Roche via designvilla.com you can stay in this house via airbnb

Talking of holidays, you can also rent this amazing place in Morocco. Dar Amizmiz was designed by Imaad Rahmouni, a former colleague of Philippe Starck and sleeps 10. You can see the rest of it on The Modern House.

FD-DARSAYANG-301-950x633

Isn't it fabulous?  I love the shelves at the end of the room and you wouldn't need to live in Morocco to bring that look into your own home. The picture below might be trickier though –  the swimming pool extends into the kitchen and that whole glass wall retracts. I know you're all going to worry about sitting on those chairs with your back to the table though so perhaps we better head home after all.

FD-DARSAYANG-201-950x632

Back to Blighty and this kitchen is for sale for around £3.25m (with an additional five bedrooms admittedly). This feeds all my industrial and vintage yet modern with plenty of black fantasies and I would be very happy if it were mine.

While we're looking check out the sitting room. This is why the feature wall is dead. Look at how amazing that wallpaper looks wrapped around all the walls. And yet it's not too much because there is a large opening to the room next door and a large window opposite. So if you're nervous about doing the whole room, it can work out well if you have a double reception or knock through as you can do one end rather than feeling that you've wrapped yourself up in a giant patterned duvet cover from which there is no escape. This way there are views to things other than this vibrant paper, although having said that I do rather like it.

img_1_0_hd

So there are your 10 Beautiful Rooms for this week, what do you think?

 



from Mad About The House http://ift.tt/1U0q6AV

No comments:

Post a Comment